- Associate Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame
- Director of Undergraduate Laboratories, Coordinator of Curriculum Development and Instructional Programs, Indiana University-Bloomington
- Assistant Professor and Chair, Alma College
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- B.S. in Chemistry, Alma College
- Outstanding Faculty Member, Alma College Student Congress
Dr. Wietstock's current research interests lie in the field of chemical education and the role experiential learning takes in student development. Particular interests include the use of green chemistry in the teaching laboratories -- especialliy in inorganic chemistry experiences.
Dr. Wietstock is also active on the Biennial Conference Committee of the Division of Chemical Education of the American Chemical Society.
- Wietstock, S. M.; Peterson, K. A.; Goodenough Lashua, D. M.; Miller, D. A.; Johnson, J. F. "NMR Spectroscopy in the Undergraduate Curriculum at the University of Notre Dame." ACS Symposium Series 2013, 275-289.
- Wietstock, S. M. "CHEM11181: Chemistry Principles Laboratory." Hayden McNeil Pub., 2008-2015.
- Wietstock, S. M.; Reck, C.; Zibuck, R. "Chemical Education at the Crossroads of America." J. Chem. Educ. 2008, 85, 626-627.
- Associate Teaching Professor
- Office: 330 Jordan Hall
- Phone: 574-631-2302
- Send an email