- Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame
- Associate Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame
- Director of Undergraduate Laboratories, Coordinator of Curriculum Development and Instructional Programs, Indiana University-Bloomington
- Assistant Professor and Chair, Alma College
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- B.S. in Chemistry, Alma College
- Outstanding Faculty Member, Alma College Student Congress
Dr. Wietstock's current research interests lie in the field of chemical education and the role experiential learning takes in student development. Particular interests include the use of green chemistry in the teaching laboratories -- especialliy in inorganic chemistry experiences.
Dr. Wietstock is also active on the Biennial Conference Committee of the Division of Chemical Education of the American Chemical Society.
- Wietstock, S.M., Reck, C., Parise, J. "25th biennial conference on chemical education, July 29-August 2, 2018, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana" 2017 Journal of Chemical Education, 94 (10), pp. 1404-1405. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jchemed.7b00711
- Wietstock, S.M., Peterson, K.A., Lashua, D.M.G., Miller, D.A., Johnson, J.F. "NMR Spectroscopy in the undergraduate curriculum at the University of Notre Dame" 2013 ACS Symposium Series, 1128, pp. 275-289. DOI: 10.1021/bk-2013-1128.ch018
- Wietstock, S.M., Reck, C., Zibuck, R. "Chemical education at the crossroads of America" 2008 Journal of Chemical Education, 85 (5), pp. 626-627.
- Wietstock, S. M. "CHEM11181: Chemistry Principles Laboratory." Hayden McNeil Pub., 2008-2015.
- Safety training
- Registration for undergraduate research
- Teaching Professor
- Office: 331 Jordan Hall
- Phone: 574-631-2302
- Send an email