- Rev. John A. Zahm Professor of Science, University of Notre Dame
- Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Texas, Austin
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Boston University
- Scientist, Hindustan Lever Research Center, Bombay, India
- Ph.D., in Physical Chemistry, Bombay University, India
- M.S. in Chemistry, Bombay University, India
- B.S. in Chemistry, Kamatak University, India
- 2016, 2015
- Most Cited Researchers, Thomson Reuters
- Top 500 Living Chemists with Highest h-index, Chemistry World
- Pravasi Fellow, Indian National Science Academy
- Research Achievement Award, University of Notre Dame
- Langmuir Lectureship Award
- Fellow, American Chemical Society
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow, The Electrochemical Society
The emphasis of our research is to elucidate the mechanistic and kinetic details of charge transfer processes in nanostructured assemblies with an objective to improve energy conversion efficiencies. Research projects in the following arease are currently being pursued.
- Nanotechnology/Materials Chemistry. Metal and semiconductor nanostructures, Carbon Nanotubes and graphene based systems (synthesis, characterization, and surface functionalization; optical properties, photoelectrochemistry; and sensor applications).
- Solar Energy Conversion. Design of inorganic-organic nanoassemblies for light energy conversion, and Quantum dot photovoltaics.
- Chemical Processes in Heterogeneous Media.Surface photochemical processes, Molecular clusters, Ultrafast radiation and photochemical events at mesoscale, Mechanism and kinetics of photoeffects at semiconductor/electrolyte interface.
- Solar fuels: Semiconductor metal composites for photocatalytic hydrogen production, electrochemical and photoelectrochemical reduction of CO2
- Brennan, M. C., Ruth, A., Kamat, P. V., Kuno, M. "Photoinduced Anion Segregation in Mixed Halide Perovskites" 2020 Trends in Chemistry, 2 (4), pp. 282-301. DOI:10.1016/j.trechm.2020.01.010.
- Cho, J., Dubose, J. T., Kamat, P. V. "Charge Carrier Recombination Dynamics of Two-Dimensional Lead Halide Perovskites" 2020 Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 11 (7), pp. 2570-2576. DOI:10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c00392.
- Cho, J., Dubose, J. T., Le, A. N. T., Kamat, P. V. "Suppressed Halide Ion Migration in 2D Lead Halide Perovskites" 2020 ACS Materials Letters, 2 (6), pp. 565-570. DOI:10.1021/acsmaterialslett.0c00124.
- Dubose, J. T., Kamat, P. V. "TiO2-Assisted Halide Ion Segregation in Mixed Halide Perovskite Films" 2020 Journal of the American Chemical Society, 142 (11), pp. 5362-5370. DOI:10.1021/jacs.0c00434.
- Elmelund, T., Seger, B., Kuno, M., Kamat, P. V. "How Interplay between Photo and Thermal Activation Dictates Halide Ion Segregation in Mixed Halide Perovskites" 2020 ACS Energy Letters, 5 (1), pp. 56-63. DOI:10.1021/acsenergylett.9b02265.
- Kobosko, S. M., Dubose, J. T., Kamat, P. V. "Perovskite Photocatalysis. Methyl Viologen Induces Unusually Long-Lived Charge Carrier Separation in CsPbBr3 Nanocrystals" 2020 ACS Energy Letters, 5 (1), pp. 221-223. DOI:10.1021/acsenergylett.9b02573.