- Rev. John A. Zahm Professor of Science, University of Notre Dame
- Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Texas, Austin
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Boston University
- Scientist, Hindustan Lever Research Center, Bombay, India
- Ph.D., in Physical Chemistry, Bombay University, India
- M.S. in Chemistry, Bombay University, India
- B.S. in Chemistry, Kamatak University, India
- 2016, 2015
- Most Cited Researchers, Thomson Reuters
- Top 500 Living Chemists with Highest h-index, Chemistry World
- Pravasi Fellow, Indian National Science Academy
- Research Achievement Award, University of Notre Dame
- Irving Langmuir Award in Chemical Physics, American Chemical Society
- Fellow, American Chemical Society
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow, The Electrochemical Society
The emphasis of our research is to elucidate the mechanistic and kinetic details of charge transfer processes in nanostructured assemblies with an objective to improve energy conversion efficiencies. Research projects in the following arease are currently being pursued.
- Nanotechnology/Materials Chemistry. Metal and semiconductor nanostructures, Carbon Nanotubes and graphene based systems (synthesis, characterization, and surface functionalization; optical properties, photoelectrochemistry; and sensor applications).
- Solar Energy Conversion. Design of inorganic-organic nanoassemblies for light energy conversion, and Quantum dot photovoltaics.
- Chemical Processes in Heterogeneous Media.Surface photochemical processes, Molecular clusters, Ultrafast radiation and photochemical events at mesoscale, Mechanism and kinetics of photoeffects at semiconductor/electrolyte interface.
- Solar fuels: Semiconductor metal composites for photocatalytic hydrogen production, electrochemical and photoelectrochemical reduction of CO2
- Abbas, M. A., Yoon, S. J., Kim, H., Lee, J., Kamat, P. V., Bang, J. H. "Ag(I)-Thiolate-Protected Silver Nanoclusters for Solar Cells: Electrochemical and Spectroscopic Look into the Photoelectrode/Electrolyte Interface" 2019 ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 11 (13), DOI:10.1021/acsami.9b00049.
- Balog, Á., Samu, G. F., Kamat, P. V., Janáky, C. "Optoelectronic Properties of CuI Photoelectrodes" 2019 Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 10 (2), pp. 259-264. DOI:10.1021/acs.jpclett.8b03242.
- Elmelund, T., Scheidt, R. A., Seger, B., Kamat, P. V. "Bidirectional Halide Ion Exchange in Paired Lead Halide Perovskite Films with Thermal Activation" 2019 ACS Energy Letters, 4 (8), pp. 1961-1969. DOI:10.1021/acsenergylett.9b01280.
- Kamat, P. V. "Absolute, Arbitrary, Relative, or Normalized Scale? How to Get the Scale Right" 2019 ACS Energy Letters, 4 (8), pp. 2005-2006. DOI:10.1021/acsenergylett.9b01571.
- Samu, G. F., Balog, Á., De Angelis, F., Meggiolaro, D., Kamat, P. V., Janáky, C. "Electrochemical hole injection selectively expels iodide from mixed halide perovskite films" 2019 Journal of the American Chemical Society, 141 (27), pp. 10812-10820. DOI:10.1021/jacs.9b04568.
- Samu, G. F., Scheidt, R. A., Balog, Á., Janáky, C., Kamat, P. V. "Tuning the Excited-State Dynamics of CuI Films with Electrochemical Bias" 2019 ACS Energy Letters, 4 (3), pp. 702-708. DOI:10.1021/acsenergylett.9b00182.