Rev. John A. Zahm Professor of Science
- 206 Radiation Research Building
Notre Dame, IN 46556
- +1 574-631-5411
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical/Analytical Chemistry
Prospective Graduate Students
|2010-present||Rev. John A. Zahm Professor of Science, University of Notre Dame|
|2006-present||Professor, University of Notre Dame|
|1983-2006||Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame|
|1981-1983||Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Texas, Austin|
|1979-1981||Postdoctoral Research Associate, Boston University|
|1977-1979||Scientist, Hindustan Lever Research Center, Bombay, India|
|1979||Ph.D., in Physical Chemistry, Bombay University, India|
|1974||M.S. in Chemistry, Bombay University, India|
|1972||B.S. in Chemistry, Kamatak University, India|
2022 Porter Medal
2022 Richard E. Smalley Research Award, The Electrochemical Society
2022 Fellow, Materials Research Society
2016, 2015 Most Cited Researchers, Thomson Reuters
2016 Top 500 Living Chemists with Highest h-index, Chemistry World
2015 Pravasi Fellow, Indian National Science Academy
2014 Research Achievement Award, University of Notre Dame
2013 Langmuir Lectureship Award
2011 Fellow, American Chemical Society
2010 Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
2008 Fellow, The Electrochemical Society
The emphasis of our research is to elucidate the mechanistic and kinetic details of charge transfer processes in nanostructured assemblies with an objective to improve energy conversion efficiencies. Research projects in the following arease are currently being pursued.
- Nanotechnology/Materials Chemistry. Metal and semiconductor nanostructures, Carbon Nanotubes and graphene based systems (synthesis, characterization, and surface functionalization; optical properties, photoelectrochemistry; and sensor applications).
- Solar Energy Conversion. Design of inorganic-organic nanoassemblies for light energy conversion, and Quantum dot photovoltaics.
- Chemical Processes in Heterogeneous Media.Surface photochemical processes, Molecular clusters, Ultrafast radiation and photochemical events at mesoscale, Mechanism and kinetics of photoeffects at semiconductor/electrolyte interface.
- Solar fuels: Semiconductor metal composites for photocatalytic hydrogen production, electrochemical and photoelectrochemical reduction of CO2
- Kamat, P. V. "Best Research Practices in Energy Conversion and Storage: A Virtual Issue" 2023 ACS Energy Letters, 8 (5), pp.2475-2477. DOI: 10.1021/acsenergylett.3c00776.
- Kipkorir, A.; Jin, X. Y.; Gao, H. F. and Kamat, P. V. "Photoinduced Electron Transfer Across the Polymer-Capped CsPbBr3 Interface in a Polar Medium" 2023 Journal of Chemical Physics, 158 (14), 144702. DOI: 10.1063/5.0143920.
- DuBose, J. T. and Kamat, P. V. "How Pendant Groups Dictate Energy and Electron Transfer in Perovskite-Rhodamine Light Harvesting Assemblies" 2023 Journal of the American Chemical Society, 145 (8), pp.4601-4612. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.2c12248.
- Chakkamalayath, J.; Hiott, N. and Kamat, P. V. "How Stable is the 2D/3D Interface of Metal Halide Perovskite Under Light and Heat?" 2023 ACS Energy Letters, 8 (1), pp.169-171. DOI: 10.1021/acsenergylett.2c02408.
- Mathew, P. S.; Szabo, G.; Kuno, M. and Kamat, P. V. "Phase Segregation and Sequential Expulsion of Iodide and Bromide in Photoirradiated Ruddlesden-Popper 2D Perovskite Films" 2022 ACS Energy Letters, 7 (11), pp.3982-3988. DOI: 10.1021/acsenergylett.2c02026.
- Grigioni, I.; Polo, A.; Dozzi, M. V.; Stamplecoskie, K. G.; Jara, D. H.; Kamat, P. V. and Selli, E. "Enhanced Charge Carrier Separation in WO3/BiVO4 Photoanodes Achieved Via Light Absorption in the BiVO4 Layer" 2022 ACS Applied Energy Materials, 5 (11), pp.13142-13148. DOI: 10.1021/acsaem.2c02597.