- Assistant Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Stanford University
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Notre Dame
- M.S. in Polymer Chemistry, Fudan University, China
- B.E. in Polymer Science & Engineering, Sichuan University, China
- ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Graduate Fellowship
- J. Peter Grace Fellowship, University of Notre Dame
Research in the Fu lab overlaps three disciplines: electrochemistry, nanoscience, and synthetic biology. Several emerging and exciting topics derived from these fields have emerged over the past decade, such as instrumentation advancement, cutting-edge nanotechnology, and novel commercial biomedical devices. Recently, our research has been particularly focused on: 1) nanoscale electrochemistry, which paves the way for the development of ultra-sensitive analytical platforms reaching a single-entity detection level; 2) electrochemical biosensors for point-of-care diagnostics and chronic disease management; and 3) nanobiotechnology, e.g., DNA nanotechnology and directed evolution of nucleic acids, aiming to manipulate molecular recognition with unprecedented precision and efficiency.
- Seo, J. W.; Fu, K. Y.; Correa, S.; Eisenstein, M.; Appel, E. A. and Soh, H. T. "Real-Time Monitoring of Drug Pharmacokinetics within Tumor Tissue in Live Animals" 2022 Science Advances, 8 (1), eabk2901. DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.abk2901.
- Fu, K. Y.; Seo, J. W.; Kesler, V.; Maganzini, N.; Wilson, B. D.; Eisenstein, M.; Murmann, B. and Soh, H. T. "Accelerated Electron Transfer in Nanostructured Electrodes Improves the Sensitivity of Electrochemical Biosensors" 2021 Advanced Science, 8 (23), 2102495. DOI: 10.1002/advs.202102495.
- Fu, K. Y.; Kwon, S. R.; Han, D. and Bohn, P. W. "Single Entity Electrochemistry in Nanopore Electrode Arrays: Ion Transport Meets Electron Transfer in Confined Geometries" 2020 Accounts of Chemical Research, 53 (4), pp.719-728. DOI: 10.1021/acs.accounts.9b00543.
- Kwon, S. R.; Fu, K. Y.; Han, D. and Bohn, P. W. "Redox Cycling in Individually Encapsulated Attoliter-Volume Nanopores" 2018 ACS Nano, 12 (12), pp.12923-12931. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.8b08693.
- Fu, K. Y.; Han, D. H.; Kwon, S. R. and Bohn, P. W. "Asymmetric Nafion-Coated Nanopore Electrode Arrays as Redox-Cycling-Based Electrochemical Diodes" 2018 ACS Nano, 12 (9), pp.9177-9185. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.8b03751.
- Fu, K. Y. and Bohn, P. W. "Nanopore Electrochemistry: A Nexus for Molecular Control of Electron Transfer Reactions" 2018 ACS Central Science, 4 (1), pp.20-29. DOI: 10.1021/acscentsci.7b00576.
- Assistant Professor
- Office: 140D McCourtney Hall
- Phone: 574-631-1853
- Send an email
- Visit Website