- 271 Stepan Chemistry
Notre Dame, IN 46556
- +1 574-631-0005
- Inorganic Chemistry
Prospective Graduate Students
|Fall 2017||Assistant Professor, University of Notre Dame|
|2014-2017||Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Washington|
|2014||Ph.D. in Chemistry, California Institute of Technology|
|2008||B.S. in Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
2021 National Science Foundation CAREER Award
2014-2017 Ruth L. Kirschstein NIH Postdoctoral Fellow
2014 ACS Division of Inorganic Chemistry Young Investigator Award
2014 Herbert Newby McCoy Award, California Institute of Technology
2009-2012 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
Research in the Tsui group will focus on the development of new catalysts using principles and techniques from the areas of bioinorganic, organometallic, and nanomaterials chemistry. Biological enzymes and heterogeneous catalysts are capable of activating very strong bonds in small molecules with high activity and specificity. We will design transition metal complexes and nanoscale materials as models of these systems, incorporating new structural or compositional motifs from enzymatic or heterogeneous active sites to enhance the performance of our artifical catalytic systems. An improved fundamental understanding of these systems will have important applications in chemical synthesis, liquid fuels production, and energy storage.
- Prather, K. V.; Stoffel, J. T. and Tsui, E. Y. "Redox Reactions at Colloidal Semiconductor Nanocrystal Surfaces" 2023 Chemistry of Materials, 35 (9), pp.3386-3403. DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.3c00481.
- Seo, W. and Tsui, E. Y. "Structural and Redox Interconversions of Sulfur Ligands of Transition Metal Complexes" 2023 Comments on Inorganic Chemistry DOI: 10.1080/02603594.2023.2200174.
- Stoffel, J. T. and Tsui, E. Y. "Stability Effects of Selective Anion Abstraction from Cesium Lead Halide Perovskite Nanocrystals" 2023 Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 127 (5), pp.2285-2293. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.2c07017.
- Tsui, E. Y. and Prather, K. V. "Photoinduced Ligand-to-Metal Charge Transfer of Cobaltocene: Radical Release and Catalytic Cyclotrimerization" 2023 Inorganic Chemistry, 62 (5), pp.2128-2134. DOI: 10.1021/acs.inorgchem.2c03779.
- Seo, W.; Ii, M. B. and Tsui, E. Y. "Sulfane Decreases the Nucleophilic Reactivity of Zinc Thiolates: Implications for Biological Reactive Sulfur Species" 2022 Journal of the American Chemical Society, 144 (45), pp.20630-20640. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.2c07380.
- Riffel, M. N.; Siegel, L.; Oliver, A. G. and Tsui, E. Y. "Cluster Self-Assembly and Anion Binding by Metal Complexes of Non-Innocent Thiazolidinyl-Thiolate Ligands" 2022 Dalton Transactions, 51 (25), pp.9611-9615. DOI: 10.1039/d2dt01339h.