- Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Concurrent Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Concurrent Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard University
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Tufts University
- B.S. in Chemistry, Bogazici University, Turkey
Multivalent biomolecular interactions are very important in biological systems. A deeper understanding of the thermodynamics and kinetics of multivalent interactions in biological systems is imperative in the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic agents. My lab focuses on both understanding the basic dynamic principles of multivalent biomolecular interactions, as well as design of multivalent therapeutic and diagnostic molecules which will deliver novel solutions to complex diseases (e.g. cancer, autoimmune diseases, and allergies).
- Deak, P. E., Kim, B., Adnan, A., Labella, M., De las Vecillas, L., Castells, M., Bilgicer, B. "Nanoallergen platform for detection of platin drug allergies" 2019 Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 143 (5), pp. 1957-1960.e12. DOI:10.1016/j.jaci.2019.01.010.
- Deak, P. E., Kim, B., Qayum, A. A., Shin, J., Vitalpur, G., Kloepfer, K. M., Turner, M. J., Smith, N., Shreffler, W. G., Kiziltepe, T., Kaplan, M. H., Bilgicer, B. "Designer covalent heterobivalent inhibitors prevent IgE-dependent responses to peanut allergen" 2019 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 116 (18), pp. 8966-8974. DOI:10.1073/pnas.1820417116.
- Khan, D. A., Banerji, A., Bernstein, J. A., Bilgicer, B., Blumenthal, K., Castells, M., Ein, D., Lang, D. M., Phillips, E. "Cephalosporin Allergy: Current Understanding and Future Challenges" 2019 Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice, 7 (7), pp. 2105-2114. DOI:10.1016/j.jaip.2019.06.001.
- Omstead, D. T.; Sjoerdsma, J.; Bilgicer, B. "Polyvalent Nanoobjects for Precision Diagnostics" 2019 Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry, 12, pp.69-88. DOI: 10.1146/annurev-anchem-061318-114938.
- Stefanick, J. F., Omstead, D. T., Ashley, J. D., Deak, P. E., Mustafaoglu, N., Kiziltepe, T., Bilgicer, B. "Optimizing design parameters of a peptide targeted liposomal nanoparticle in an in vivo multiple myeloma disease model after initial evaluation in vitro" 2019 Journal of Controlled Release, 311-312 pp. 190-200. DOI:10.1016/j.jconrel.2019.08.033.
- Stefanick, J. F., Omstead, D. T., Kiziltepe, T., Bilgicer, B. "Dual-receptor targeted strategy in nanoparticle design achieves tumor cell selectivity through cooperativity" 2019 Nanoscale, 11 (10), pp. 4414-4427. DOI:10.1039/c8nr09431d.