- Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Concurrent Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Concurrent Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard University
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Tufts University
- B.S. in Chemistry, Bogazici University, Turkey
Multivalent biomolecular interactions are very important in biological systems. A deeper understanding of the thermodynamics and kinetics of multivalent interactions in biological systems is imperative in the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic agents. My lab focuses on both understanding the basic dynamic principles of multivalent biomolecular interactions, as well as design of multivalent therapeutic and diagnostic molecules which will deliver novel solutions to complex diseases (e.g. cancer, autoimmune diseases, and allergies).
- Kim, B., Shin, J., Bilgicer, B. "How could nanoallergen technology be used as a diagnostic tool for allergies?" 2020 Nanomedicine, 15 (11), pp. 1063-1066. DOI:10.2217/nnm-2020-0055.
- Kim, B., Shin, J., Kiziltepe, T., Bilgicer, B. "Identification of a moderate affinity CD22 binding peptide and in vitro optimization of peptide-targeted nanoparticles for selective uptake by CD22+ B-cell malignancies" 2020 Nanoscale, 12 (21), pp. 11672-11683. DOI:10.1039/d0nr02133d.
- Kim, B., Shin, J., Wu, J., Omstead, D. T., Kiziltepe, T., Littlepage, L. E., Bilgicer, B. "Engineering peptide-targeted liposomal nanoparticles optimized for improved selectivity for HER2-positive breast cancer cells to achieve enhanced in vivo efficacy" 2020 Journal of Controlled Release, 322 pp. 530-541. DOI:10.1016/j.jconrel.2020.04.010.
- Khan, D. A., Banerji, A., Bernstein, J. A., Bilgicer, B., Blumenthal, K., Castells, M., Ein, D., Lang, D. M., Phillips, E. "Cephalosporin Allergy: Current Understanding and Future Challenges" 2019 Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice, 7 (7), pp. 2105-2114. DOI:10.1016/j.jaip.2019.06.001.
- Omstead, D. T.; Sjoerdsma, J.; Bilgicer, B. "Polyvalent Nanoobjects for Precision Diagnostics" 2019 Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry, 12, pp.69-88. DOI: 10.1146/annurev-anchem-061318-114938.
- Stefanick, J. F., Omstead, D. T., Ashley, J. D., Deak, P. E., Mustafaoglu, N., Kiziltepe, T., Bilgicer, B. "Optimizing design parameters of a peptide targeted liposomal nanoparticle in an in vivo multiple myeloma disease model after initial evaluation in vitro" 2019 Journal of Controlled Release, 311-312 pp. 190-200. DOI:10.1016/j.jconrel.2019.08.033.