- 140D McCourtney Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
- +1 574-631-1853
- Physical/Analytical Chemistry
Prospective Graduate Students
|2022-present||Assistant Professor, University of Notre Dame|
|2018-2022||Postdoctoral Researcher, Stanford University|
|2018||Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of Notre Dame|
|2014||M.S. in Polymer Chemistry, Fudan University, China|
|2011||B.E. in Polymer Science & Engineering, Sichuan University, China|
2018 ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Graduate Fellowship
2014-2015 J. Peter Grace Fellowship, University of Notre Dame
Research in the Fu lab overlaps three disciplines: electrochemistry, nanoscience, and synthetic biology. Several emerging and exciting topics derived from these fields have emerged over the past decade, such as instrumentation advancement, cutting-edge nanotechnology, and novel commercial biomedical devices. Recently, our research has been particularly focused on: 1) nanoscale electrochemistry, which paves the way for the development of ultra-sensitive analytical platforms reaching a single-entity detection level; 2) electrochemical biosensors for point-of-care diagnostics and chronic disease management; and 3) nanobiotechnology, e.g., DNA nanotechnology and directed evolution of nucleic acids, aiming to manipulate molecular recognition with unprecedented precision and efficiency.
- Kesler, V.; Fu, K. Y.; Chen, Y. H.; Park, C. H.; Eisenstein, M.; Murmann, B. and Soh, H. T. "Tailoring Electrode Surface Charge to Achieve Discrimination and Quantification of Chemically Similar Small Molecules with Electrochemical Aptamers" 2023 Advanced Functional Materials, 33 (1), 2208534. DOI: 10.1002/adfm.202208534.
- Wang, J.; Soto, F.; Ma, P.; Ahmed, R.; Yang, H. X.; Chen, S. H.; Wang, J. B.; Liu, C.; Akin, D.; Fu, K. Y.; Cao, X.; Chen, P.; Hsu, E. C.; Soh, H. T.; Stoyanova, T.; Wu, J. C. and Demirci, U. "Acoustic Fabrication of Living Cardiomyocyte-Based Hybrid Biorobots" 2022 ACS Nano, 16 (7), pp.10219-10230. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.2c01908.
- Seo, J. W.; Fu, K. Y.; Correa, S.; Eisenstein, M.; Appel, E. A. and Soh, H. T. "Real-Time Monitoring of Drug Pharmacokinetics within Tumor Tissue in Live Animals" 2022 Science Advances, 8 (1), eabk2901. DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.abk2901.
- Fu, K. Y.; Seo, J. W.; Kesler, V.; Maganzini, N.; Wilson, B. D.; Eisenstein, M.; Murmann, B. and Soh, H. T. "Accelerated Electron Transfer in Nanostructured Electrodes Improves the Sensitivity of Electrochemical Biosensors" 2021 Advanced Science, 8 (23), 2102495. DOI: 10.1002/advs.202102495.
- Fu, K. Y.; Kwon, S. R.; Han, D. and Bohn, P. W. "Single Entity Electrochemistry in Nanopore Electrode Arrays: Ion Transport Meets Electron Transfer in Confined Geometries" 2020 Accounts of Chemical Research, 53 (4), pp.719-728. DOI: 10.1021/acs.accounts.9b00543.
- Kwon, S. R.; Fu, K. Y.; Han, D. and Bohn, P. W. "Redox Cycling in Individually Encapsulated Attoliter-Volume Nanopores" 2018 ACS Nano, 12 (12), pp.12923-12931. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.8b08693.