- Associate Teaching Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Teaching Professor, University of Notre Dame
- University Instructor, Organic Laboratory Manager, Duke University
- Postdoctoral Associate, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Duke University
- B.S. in Chemistry (Honors), State University of New York at Oswego
- Thomas P. Madden Teaching Award
Dr. Parise’s interests include development of more effective teaching methods for large lecture courses and improving organic chemistry pedagogy in both the classroom and laboratory. He administers a new instructor training program in organic chemistry and is currently developing auxiliary courses aimed at supplementing student preparation for introductory organic courses.
- Loudon, M.; Parise, J. "Organic Chemistry, Sixth Edition" Roberts & Company Publishers, 2016.
- Schmitt, A.A.; Parise, J.A. “Introducing Scientific Writing in a Second Semester Organic Chemistry Laboratory Course” In Advances in Teaching Organic Chemistry; Jetty L. Duffy-Matzner, J.L.; Pacheco, K.A.O. Eds.; Advances in Teaching Organic Chemistry; ACS Symposium Series; Vol. 1108; American Chemical Society (2012); pp 51-71.
- Associate Teaching Professor
- Office: 416 Jordan Hall
- Phone: 574-631-4431
- Send an email