- Teaching Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Associate Teaching Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Teaching Professor, University of Notre Dame
- University Instructor, Organic Laboratory Manager, Duke University
- Postdoctoral Associate, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Duke University
- B.S. in Chemistry (Honors), State University of New York at Oswego
- Thomas P. Madden Teaching Award
Dr. Parise's interests include development of more effective teaching methods for large lecture courses and improving organic chemistry pedagogy in both the classroom and laboratory. He administers a new instructor training program in organic chemistry and is currently developing auxiliary courses aimed at supplementing student preparation for introductory organic courses.
- Wietstock, S.M., Reck, C., Parise, J. "25th biennial conference on chemical education, July 29-August 2, 2018, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana" 2017 Journal of Chemical Education, 94 (10), pp. 1404-1405. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jchemed.7b00711
- Loudon, M.; Parise, J. "Organic Chemistry, Sixth Edition" Roberts & Company Publishers, 2016.
- Schmitt, A.A., Parise, J.A. "Introducing scientific writing in a second semester organic chemistry laboratory course" 2012 ACS Symposium Series, 1108, pp. 51-71. DOI: 10.1021/bk-2012-1108.ch004
- Teaching Professor
- Office: 416 Jordan Hall
- Phone: 574-631-4431
- Send an email