- Rev. John A. Zahm Professor of Science, University of Notre Dame
- Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Professional Specialist, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Texas, Austin
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Boston University
- Scientist, Hindustan Lever Research Center, Bombay, India
- Ph.D., in Physical Chemistry, Bombay University, India
- M.S. in Chemistry, Bombay University, India
- B.S. in Chemistry, Kamatak University, India
- Irving Langmuir Award in Chemical Physics, American Chemical Society
- Chemical Research Society of India Medal
- Fellow, American Chemical Society
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow, The Electrochemical Society
The emphasis of our research is to elucidate the mechanistic and kinetic details of charge transfer processes in nanostructured assemblies with an objective to improve energy conversion efficiencies. Research projects in the following arease are currently being pursued.
- Nanotechnology/Materials Chemistry. Metal and semiconductor nanostructures, Carbon Nanotubes and graphene based systems (synthesis, characterization, and surface functionalization; optical properties, photoelectrochemistry; and sensor applications).
- Solar Energy Conversion. Design of inorganic-organic nanoassemblies for light energy conversion, and Quantum dot photovoltaics.
- Chemical Processes in Heterogeneous Media.Surface photochemical processes, Molecular clusters, Ultrafast radiation and photochemical events at mesoscale, Mechanism and kinetics of photoeffects at semiconductor/electrolyte interface.
- Solar fuels: Semiconductor metal composites for photocatalytic hydrogen production, electrochemical and photoelectrochemical reduction of CO2
- Christians, J.A.; Miranda Herrera, P.A.; Kamat, P.V. "Transformation of the Excited State and Photovoltaic Efficiency of CH3NH3PbI3 Perovskite upon Controlled Exposure to Humidified Air." J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015.
- Chen, Y.S.; Manser, J.S.; Kamat, P.V. "All Solution-Processed Lead Halide Perovskite-BiVO4 Tandem Assembly for Photolytic Solar Fuels Production." J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137 (2), 974-981.
- Hines, D.A.; Forrest, R.P.; Corcelli, S.A.; Kamat, P.V. "Predicting the Rate Constant of Electron Tunneling Reactions at the CdSe-TiO2 Interface." J. Phys. Chem. B 2015.
- Stamplecoskie, K.G.; Manser, J.S.; Kamat, P.V. "Dual nature of the excited state in organic-inorganic lead halide perovskites." Energ. Environ. Sci. 2015, 8 (1), 208-215.
- Manser, J.S.; Kamat, P.V. "Band filling with free charge carrriers in organonietal halide perovskites." Nat. Photonics 2014, 8 (9), 737-743.
- Ramesha, G.K.; Brennecke, J.F.; Kamat, P.V. "Origin of Catalytic Effect in the Reduction of CO2 at Nanostructured TiO2 Films." ACS Catalysis 2014, 4 (9), 3249-3254.