- Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Associate Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, Los Angeles
- Dr. rer. nat. University of Bonn, Germany
- Diplom, University of Bonn, Germany
- John Kaneb Award for undergraduate teaching
- Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award
- NSF CAREER Award
- NIH First Award
Computational and Physical Organic Chemistry, Computational Drug Design, Biophysical Chemistry, Enzyme Mechanisms, Transition Metal Catalyzed Reactions and Design of Ligands for Enantioselective Catalysis
- B.E. Haines, O. Wiest.; "SET-induced biaryl cross-coupling: an S(RN)1 reaction" J. Org. Chem. 2014, 79, 2771-2774.
- L. Xu, M.J. Hilton, X. Zhang, P.O. Norrby, Y.D. Wu, M.S. Sigman, O. Wiest.; "Mechanism, reactivity, and selectivity in palladium-catalyzed redox-relay Heck arylations of alkenyl alcohols" J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 1960-1967.
- P. Helquist, F.R. Maxfield, N.L. Wiech, O. Wiest.; "Treatment of Niemann--pick type C disease by histone deacetylase inhibitors" Neurotherapeutics, 2013, 10, 688-697.
- G. Estiu, N. Khatri, O. Wiest.; "Computational studies of the cholesterol transport between NPC2 and the N-terminal domain of NPC1" Biochemistry, 2013, 52, 6879-6891.
- K. Chen, L. Xu, O. Wiest.; "Computational exploration of zinc binding groups for HDAC inhibition", J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 5051-5055.