- Fall 2017
- Assistant Professor, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Washington
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, California Institute of Technology
- B.S. in Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ruth L. Kirschstein NIH Postdoctoral Fellow
- ACS Division of Inorganic Chemistry Young Investigator Award
- Herbert Newby McCoy Award, California Institute of Technology
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
Research in the Tsui group will focus on the development of new catalysts using principles and techniques from the areas of bioinorganic, organometallic, and nanomaterials chemistry. Biological enzymes and heterogeneous catalysts are capable of activating very strong bonds in small molecules with high activity and specificity. We will design transition metal complexes and nanoscale materials as models of these systems, incorporating new structural or compositional motifs from enzymatic or heterogeneous active sites to enhance the performance of our artifical catalytic systems. An improved fundamental understanding of these systems will have important applications in chemical synthesis, liquid fuels production, and energy storage.
- Tsui, E.Y.; Kanady, J.S.; Agapie, T. "Synthetic Cluster Models of Biological and Heterogeneous Manganese Catalysts for O2 Evolution." Inorg. Chem. 2013, 52, 13833-13848.
- Tsui, E.Y.; Agapie, T. "Reduction Potential of Heterometallic Manganese-Oxido Cubane Complexes Modulated by Redox-Inactive Metals." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2013, 110, 10084-10088.
- Tsui, E.Y.; Tran, R.; Yano, J.; Agapie, T. "Redox-inactive Metals Modulate the Reduction Potential in Heterometallic Manganese-Oxido Clusters." Nat. Chem. 2013, 5, 293-299.
- Kanady, J.S.; Tsui, E.Y.: Day, M.W.; Agapie, T. "A Synthetic Model of the Mn3Ca Subsite of the Oxygen-Evolving Complex in Photosystem II." Science 2011, 333, 733-736.
- Tsui, E.Y.; Day, M.W.; Agapie, T. "Trinucleating Copper: Synthesis and Magnetostructural Characterization of Complexes Supported by a Hexapyridyl 1,3,5-Triarylbenzene Ligand." Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 1668-1672.
- Tsui, E.Y.; Muller, P.; Sadighi, J.P. "Reactions of a Stable Monomeric Gold(I) Hydride Complex." Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 8937-8940.