- Associate Professor, Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Concurrent Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Concurrent Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard University
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Tufts University
- B.S. in Chemistry, Bogazici University, Turkey
Multivalent biomolecular interactions are very important in biological systems. A deeper understanding of the thermodynamics and kinetics of multivalent interactions in biological systems is imperative in the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic agents. My lab focuses on both understanding the basic dynamic principles of multivalent biomolecular interactions, as well as design of multivalent therapeutic and diagnostic molecules which will deliver novel solutions to complex diseases (e.g. cancer, autoimmune diseases, and allergies).
- Deak, P.E.; Vrabel, M.R.; Pizzuti, V.J.; Kiziltepe, T.; Bilgicer, B. "Nanoallergens: A multivalent platform for studying and evaluating potency of allergen epitopes in cellular degranulation." Exp. Biol. Med. 2016, 241(9), 996-1006.
- Mustafaoglu, N.; Alves, N.J.; Bilgicer, B. "Oriented Immobilization of Fab Fragments by Site-Specific Biotinylation at the Conserved Nucleotide Binding Site for Enhanced Antigen Detection." Langmuir 2015, 31(35), 9728-9736.
- Stefanick, J.F.; Kiziltepe, T.; Bilgicer, B. "Improved Peptide-Targeted Liposome Design Through Optimized Peptide Hydrophilicity, Ethylene Glycol Linker Length, and Peptide Density." J. Biomed. Nanotechnol. 2015, 11(8), 1418-1430.
- Mustafaoglu, N.; Alves, N.J.; Bilgicer, B. "Site-specific fab fragment biotinylation at the conserved nucleotide binding site for enhanced ebola detection." Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2015, 112(7), 1327-1334.
- Ashley, J.D.; Stefanick, J.F.; Schroeder, V.A.; Suckow, M.A.; Alves, N.J.; Suzuki, R.; Kikuchi, S.; Hideshima, T.; Anderson, K.C.; Kiziltepe, T.; Bilgicer, B. "Liposomal carfilzomib nanoparticles effectively target multiple myeloma cells and demonstrate enhanced efficacy in vivo." J. Control. Release 2014, 196, 113-121.
- Handlogten, M.W.; Deak, P.E.; Bilgicer, B. "Two-Allergen Model Reveals Complex Relationship between IgE Crosslinking and Degranulation." Chem. Biol. 2014, 21(11), 1445-1451.