- Associate Professor, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Concurrent Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Concurrent Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard University
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Tufts University
- B.S. in Chemistry, Bogazici University, Turkey
Multivalent biomolecular interactions are very important in biological systems. A deeper understanding of the thermodynamics and kinetics of multivalent interactions in biological systems is imperative in the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic agents. My lab focuses on both understanding the basic dynamic principles of multivalent biomolecular interactions, as well as design of multivalent therapeutic and diagnostic molecules which will deliver novel solutions to complex diseases (e.g. cancer, autoimmune diseases, and allergies).
- Stefanick, J.F.; Kiziltepe, T.; Bilgicer, B. "Improved Peptide-Targeted Lipsome Design Through Optimized Peptide Hydrophilicity, Ethylene Glycol Linker Length, and Peptide Density." J. Biomed. Nanotechnol. 2015, 11 (8), 1418-1430.
- Ashley, J.D.; Stefanick, J.F.; Schroeder, V.A.; Suckow, M.A.; Alves, N.J.; Suzuki, R.; Kikuchi, S.; Hideshima, T.; Anderson, K.C.; Kiziltepe, T.; Bilgicer, B. "Liposomal carfilzomib nanoparticles effectively target multiple myeloma cells and demonstrate enhanced efficacy in vivo." J. Control. Release 2014, 196, 113-121.
- Handlogten, M.W.; Deak, P.E.; Bilgicer, B. "Two-Allergen Model Reveals Complex Relationship between IgE Crosslinking and Degranulation." Chem. Biol. 2014, 21 (11), 1445-1451.
- Handlogten, M.W.; Stefanick, J. F.; Deak, P.E.; Bilgicer, B. "Affinity-based precipitation via a bivalent peptidic hapten for the purification of monoclonal antibodies." Analyst 2014, 139 (17), 4247-4255.
- Alves, N.J.; Mustafaoglu, N.; Bilgicer, B. "Conjugation of a Reactive Thiol at the Nucleotide Binding Site for Site-Specific Antibody Functionalization." Bioconjugate Chem. 2014, 25 (7), 1198-1202.
- Ashley, J.D.; Stefanick, J.F.; Schroeder, V.A.; Suckow, M.A.; Kiziltepe, T.; Bilgicer, B. "Liposomal Bortezomib Nanoparticles via Boronic Ester Prodrug Formulation for Improved Therapeutic Efficacy in Vivo." J. Med. Chem. 2014, 57 (12), 5282-5292.